Combines 500 model head problems

tbran

Are you saying the rh side of the header is higher thus dropping the cutterbar lower - further away from the reelIJ If so check tire pressure first, then level the header-throat per op man.; this will flatten out your header on the RH side by getting it closer to the ground. Does your combine have the shock kitIJ After installing the shock kit and 'beefing up' the slip clutches I have had no problem. I have slipped the header auger clutches in grass. If this is not what you are talking about look at the lh side which is feeding good and take exact measurements and compare to rh side. What is diffIJ. Go over to tips and click on it then upgrades and look at the tip under headers on the 3" od suction pipe trick for short beans. Worked great on my header this year. This effectively raises the cutterbar 3" closer to reel, keeps rocks and dirt clods out of header and saves beans and makes a nice little channel for the beans to slide through. Check the feed chains to make sure your sprocket havn't slid to one side. Read the posts under the general forum to find some other tricks to increase feeding _ harvesting capacity. Remember the chain may be choking due to cyl not taking it away quick enuff. Hope this helps.