Combines gleaner mods

Jas

Has anyone heard or seen anything about repowering the Deutz-Allis R70. We currently operate two with air-cooled engines and are facing a rebuild in the near future. We are considering repowering with Cat 3406's turned to about 325 hp. We want to do this because of the the cost to rebuild the air-cooled engines, to gain a little more power and because we are better equiped to work on the Cats. Any constructive advice or information would be appreciated.

Jim

I am not satisfied with bin extension currently offered by Gleaner. I need something that folds down easier and faster and would like to carry at least as much or even a little more than the 300 bu. What is the best make of bin ext. IJIJIJ

cutter

Anyone running an aftermarket concave in a R62IJ Interested in price and performance. Why did you choose it over an OEM.Thanks Jeff

WHECO

We have developed a bolt in repower kit for the N6 using a Cummins engine. We are taking orders for the 98 season now.

Ed

Update for the posting below of 9_97. Just harvested my first field with a 20' 1020 on an '88 r50. What a header! Allis should have all headers built by Case and close the header dept. I have never had a header work so well. Feeding is light years ahead of the Gleaners. Bought a feeder hous front from a 1680 and the header centre frame from and R series header. Cut the latter to fit into the former and made an end plate to allow tipping the header. Cuts as short as a lawn mower. No more Gleaner heads here!

JD

I am having a problem with the thresher beater wrapping with green bean straw. The beans are dry in moisture. I am currently running with a 17 tooth sprocket on the beater. Should I change this if so what size or is the problem something else.

tbran

Thought I would post here so site wouldn't get lonely...When upgraded processors are ran at new capacity it throws a lOAD on the ole spreader. The new heavy duty spreader as on the painted machines can be had by part n 71347039. last list was less than $400 and is a complete unit ready to bolt in - (less round spinny thing on shaft with arms and rubbers of course) This frame is beefier and holds better fit on bevel gears. If you ever strip a gear in the rear end (I hate it when I do that) spreader area check this out. Its a bargain. (Shhh don't tell 'em though - they will raise the price. :-- )