Combines 760 settings

tj

Make sure your concave is in good shape--good square corners on the leading edge---Set your rear adjustment to 1_8" from the tallest cylinder bar (this machine should have the high inertia cylinder, so the cylinder bars should be fairly even),and the front at 1_4". This will be your zero setting, and will always maintain a constant wedge from front to rear. Massey concaves rise more abruptly in front than other models, which can cause a tendency to whitecap. I'd suggest that you install a cover on the bottom side of the concave which will blank the front 3 spaces. This will prevent unthreshed heads or bean pods from dropping thru before they can thresh. If you find walker loss in your oats due to a worn concave, you can drop the front open a little more, and tighten the rear some to force separation. This is a non-standard setting, so don't forget what you did, since at that point you might bring the rear up tight enough to meet the cylinder spiders. These are heavy castings, and considerable damage would occur.Sieves----In oats, I'd start with the top at about 1_2", the center at about 3_8", and the bottom at about 3_16".....In beans, I'd start with the top at about 5_8", the center about 1_2" and the bottom at about 3_8".....Fan speed is difficult, because there is a pretty good variation from one machine to the other.....Start at about 600 RPM (likely lower than you'll use) and work your way up....The ideal fan speed is 1 RPM below the point where you blow grain over.Hope some of this helps.