Combines Massey rotaries

MASSEY_MAN

The 8780 rotory combine has the same capacity as any of the big combines from the competition with the added feature of a hydraulicly driven rotor.When you plug it you just hit the button and the whole combine turns backward,very nice feature.It has a power boost up to 280hp and holds around 250 bushels without the hopper extensions.

MASSEY_MAN

It handles any kind of tough going with ease,the hydraulicly driven rotor has more torque than one that is driven by a belt and like I said befor it only takes a minute to unplug it if need be but it takes quite a bit to plug.The cab is also very quite and user friendly.A very impressive combine.

MASSEY_MAN

The rotor is mounted lenght wise and feeds the incoming grain around the total diameter of the concave giving it more capacity unlike a CASEIH that forces all the grain through the bottom of the concave causing a force feed condition and a high wear condition.As far as to the price of a good used one,I have no idea,you will have to get a hold of a dealer to find out.I know of a good one in Yorkton Saskatchewan his phone number is 306-783-2442,ask for Frank.

MASSEY_MAN

The 8780 is the latest model and the largest.They are all basicly the same design with the 8780 being the most finnished product.They all spin the rotor with hydraulics and can be reversed if plugging occurs.The 8780 has a center mount cab while the other two have the cab to the right.The 8780 also has a bigger tank and a cab that is secound to none.

MASSEY_MAN

I farm in Saskatchewan so I don't have any expereince with corn.I can tell you that in wheat and especialy barley that the 8560 has more capacity and the 8570 has a lot more capacity.Also,the rotory has very few moving parts so these combines are very reliable.