Combines 860 V8 losing power

goober

Check the fuel line to the lift pump is tight. Mine came loose once on my 850 and it just died when idleing in the yard. I change filters, that didn't help. I was convinced that the lift pump was shot after talking to the dealer. When I went to remove the pump I found the line had come loose, I tightened it up and bleed it and it started right away. No problems since.

tractor

check your return line to the tank and make sure it isn't plugged had that happen on a 510 once, change your filters and check the sediment bowel to see if there is nay junk on it, could be your injection pump too but would check filters, transfer pump and fuel lines first

AJTIII

I have a 760 with a 540 and it sounds like it is your transfer pump. I put an electronic fuel pump down under the tank along with an inline fuel filter.I also cut the screen off the sump that goes up into the tank because I had so much trouble with it clogging up with soybean dust every time I fueled up even though I was careful. Another experience I had was my machine didn't want to start one morning and I checked everything. Finally I took the guts out of the electric fuel shut off switch and it started up like a new machine. I put a new switch on since and haven't had any more trouble.

seedman

I found the problem!!! It was indeed the transfer pump. We changed that out with a new one and it made all the difference in the world. Thanks to all for their input.