Combines research and development Massey Ferguson

jakee

jtiii as a kid growing up in wheat country of n.dakota ew had a new 123 mccormick deering but if you real were a big farmer you had massies, use to stand by road and watch them loaded on truck,s working there way north, i guess if i was farming would go out and buy a massy.

brand

The newest conventional Massey (can't remember the model number) is a Gleaner painted red. This machine shares 60% of its parts with the Gleaner rotaries. Allis Chalmers developed this combine in the mid 1980's intending it to be a replacement to their l3 combine, but financial restrictions forced them to shelve it, and AGCO has finally introduced it. In pictures I see, the Massey version is always shown with a silver-painted head. It should be a good machine, given that its roots are from a proven design (the l3 A-C),and that the Gleaner rotaries are now as reliable as anything on the market.

Cowboy

Stil a lot of 860's out there.My last combine was an 860 and with an aftermarket concave and airfoil chaffer it performed well and was cheap to operate. I finally got tired of fixing and low capacity. I tried the Massey 8680 conventional for about 22 hours. It is bigger but loves to throw over the walkers.I also plugged the walkers twice.(glad the dealer was with me when it happened) Anyway I now own a NH TX 66 which for the same money far outdoes the 8680. The TX does twice as much in a day as the 860. If your stuck on AGCO go with a Gleaner rotary.