Combines 8780 in soybeans

Massey_Man

I farm in central Saskatchewan so I haven't seen one in anything other than wheat,barley,oats and canola.In these crops it has more capacity than a 2388.My neighbour bought a 8780,traded a 1688 and is very pleased with his combine,the only thing he would like it to have is more power and that is what they are getting for the new 2000 models.The reason he wants more power is because he has some wicked hills,when he is on the level he says he had enough.The nearby hutterite colony was combineing next to him one day with thier four TR 98s and thought they would pull into his field for a while to try and embarras the Massey but it backfired.All they proved was that the 8780 can really chew and it takes hours to unplug the rotors on a TR.lol.The colony is thinking real hard about getting some Masseys.The Massey feeds the rotor more evenly than other rotors with its unique impeler on the front of the rotor,the grain enters the rotor a full 360 degrees instead of all feeding at the bottom of the concave and they have not had any trouble with the hydraulic system which turns the rotor.They are also so easy to maintain,so few moveing parts and grease nipples,a cab secound to none and all that nice red paint.lol