Combines Hey MF8780man

MF8780man

Hello, Jim the only grain we have ran is corn and soybeans. I can't help you much on the wheat side of it we haven't grown for years. If you would like here is the phonen for the dealer we bought our 8570 from. They've delt with combines for years. Their probably one of the best combine sellers around. You can give them a call and ask him he could probalby help you, and if not point in the direction you need to go. They are super nice people and will answer any question you have. They are located in south western Indiana. The person you want to ask for is Nathan or Glen. The name of the dealer is Rudolph Brothers. They've been a Massey Dealer for years. The n is (812)897-1720. Give a call if you would like they might be able to help you out. Tell them that a McAfee sent you to them. Hope this helps you out. We like ours alot and I can't wait to use our new 8780 this year. Good luck and Happy Harvesting!

JK

Thanks for the phone n, we may talk to them as wheat harvest gets closer. I'm really pleased with our 8570 on corn and soybeans to. If you have a chance let me know how the weather is in your area, and what kind or yields you normally expect ect. We are in NC Ks. and are happy when our corn makes 100. Average yield for soybeans is around 35-40. They seem to be the most profitable crop for us most years. Good luck with your 8780. Did you buy new headers or did the ones from your 8570 fitIJ Jim

Tim

We run a MF 8570 in corn, milo, Wheat and soybeans and farm some sloping ground and am fighting the same battle. On the sides of slopes preventing shoe over load is hard. We have an airfoll screen also. Have done all the hill slope kits and still have trouble. In wheat there is a perforated concave overlap plate on the left side that should be traded for a solid plate to help when the cab side is down hill. Also the deflectors on both sides the threshing grates can be moved in to help on hills, but then reduced capacity on level ground. We have made a counter balance weight that has linkage to the deflectors on the right side that moves the deflectors to position them for the slope you or on. This helps, but not perfect. Rudolph bros are our dealers too. And are familair with our machine.

JK

Hello Tim, sounds like we're on the same page as far as the modifications to improve hillside performance. The one thing I think helped our machine the most was removing all our rotar knives when cutting wheat. The straw came out amost intact and our shoe load was greatly decreased. But we found out the hard way not to leave all the knives out for cutting soybeans, we got to many chunks of bean stems passing thru the rotar and making loud banging noises. By the time we figured out what our problem was we had broke the mounting brackets for the seperation grates. we tore everything apart, rewelded and put some knives back in and the banging stopped. Seems like we never had the sidehill problem with our 760. I wonder if the triple cascade seive was a better design than the current setup. I also put dividers on our lower seive even though MF doesn't offer them. I can't help you with your chopper question, we just run a straw spreader. Stay in touch as wheat harvest approaches and we'll try to figure something out on this shoe overload on sidehills. Would like to see a picture of how your counterbalance weight moves your deflecter. Jim

Tim

JK, I agree had less sidehill problems with 860. I believe that walkers and shaker pan with more dividers are less prone to sidehill drift. Rotary needs directional devices between cage and shaker pan with dividers on panIJ I will try wheat with less rotary knives(still running 21). I'm also running an airfol which I like in wheat but not sure in corn.