Combines 850 massey

lawnmower_man

Hey willie, my brother in law has a massey and he says it is the bestes one u can buy, his dog pees on jd combines, what a smart dog, he dont need no rubber mounted on his bine, it is way cool and a slick running machine. u should buy another 751, they are cool too, in the winter that is

lawnmower_man

hey willie there, u shud git a bine what pick up the seed not one that plants it back in the ground fer the next year man. I is wanting to no ifin ya get rattled and banged in tat that vibrating mochinery of yourn my dog liks to ride on my bine, yourn too

hv_user

I think an 850 should be one and half times a 550. You don't say what your harvesting with 30 foot table. Around here it would be a little big.In lighter crops it would be fine.The 700 and 800 model combines will do a good job in any crop in any condition.

greenstrat

here is a comment. I owned a new 550 and ran it six long years. Had a 4 row corn head and a 454 row crop head. Could run as fast as it would go in next to top gear. Non-hydro. I ran a 410 gas before it. The 410 was a better machine. had just as much horsepower. The 550 is about 60 or 70 horses short for the size of the cylinder if you ask me. It also has hopelessly small (short-lived) bearings throughout. The transmission differential is a weak sister, which means you better not ever use the brakes to help steering. It had a great straw walker system which was actually wider than the cylinder letting the mat spread out more helping to shake out the grain better (than my deere 6620). An 850 will way outproduce the 550 and better yet, outlast it due to the much larger bearings on the main shafts etc. I have a neighbor who owns several 850's since they go cheap at sales. Too bad they don't still build them, good machine. Bean hog with a row crop head. GS

JJS

I went from a 510 to a 750, which is an older version of your change. The 750 was a big step up from the 510. In Soybeans, I could cover almost twice as much with the 750. In corn, about Half again. The 510 was gear and 750 was a hydro.Both needed more HP. I think you will be happy with the 850, especially if it has been kept up. Good luck Joe

Old_Farmer

I own a late model 860 only 1400 hours on the beast. It is abit of a pain to work on, but when all things are running well it is a machine to be reckoned with. I run a 20 foot floating grain table to straight cut winter wheat and soybeans. In 60+ bu_ac soy beans I am running 9 acres per hour ( 1st gear high range). In winter wheat we have been averaging 90 to 100 bu_ac in theses crops I am putting out about 800 bu_hr. The one thing that these machines needed was more power. Mine has the 540V8 if this machine had 250 ponies I shudder to think what it would be capable of... The only machine that is on the market that surpasses the Massey is New Hollands TX 66 and 68. I have seen a few run and they are truly the Machine of the century now... There are lots of Green Machines in my area and they are crawling in the field when I am flying, they have more grain going over the rear end. The advantage the Massey has over green was a much larger cleaning area.. My father always said you wanted a combine with a big rear end not a wife..