Combines TR 86 ground speed

doubleclutch

Twin Rotor- We just bought a TR-85 used last fall, Talked to a NH dealer when we bought a 16 ft grain header for it, said we should be able to run 5 mph with a 6 row header in 150 bu_ac corn no sweat. I can believe it, we ran rye this summer (about 5 ft of straw going through machine) at 4 mph and engine temp never moved from puttering around temp, no engine smoke. It was a thing of beauty! This one is a corn_soybean machine, so I wasn't expecting a terrific job in small grains, but it threshed and separated like a champ. Very pleased with the machine. Just picked up a JD row crop 6-row header we're going to adapt to it for soybeans, will let you know how that works out if you're interested. last fall wasn't a good test for machine capacity for us in corn, mud made things much slower than it would have been otherwise

TwinRotor

What is the engine horsepower rated atIJ You probably have the 3208 CAT.

doubleclutch

I beleive 168HP at 2800 rpm. I'm a little unnerved at the engine running at this speed, but it still sounds tight and doesn't burn oil. Can't beat it for cold weather starting, last winter, trying to get the corn in, waited for real hard freezes and went out early in the morning, started right up at 10 degrees f no ether or anything.