Combines TR86 vs TR87 vs TR88

Ilnewholland

I had TR-96, TR-97, an now this year TR-98. The newer the combine the more small things where improved on each one. Early TR-86 and later TR-86's are almost like two different combines. late 86's and 87's will not be much different. The TR-88 will have electric switch's for seperator and unload auger in cab. They would be a good combine with 6 row corn head and 20-25 foot flex head. They can run 8rn corn head if you are careful not to push it to hard. I think you would have more combine than M3. Any more info just ask.

JHEnt

The early TR86 had the Ford industrial engine. This is like a 401 tractor engine but scaled up some. The very last TR86's had the 70 series Genesis engine in them. A TR87 is not much different. Some minor control changes. The TR88 has all electrical controls. No more overcenter lever to enguage the seperator. No manual hydraulic valves. As far as the tine kit I think that was an available option on the last TR86's. Any of these will easily run a 20' platform and 6 row cornheads. I think you will find that they will put your M3 to shame as far as capacity. The only problem I have found is in getting the dust and some of the pummage out of the clean grain in soybeans. While the TR will not crack beans it does not get the dust out nearly as well as my older conventional Deere.

Ilnewholland

The early 86's had a cat 3208 motor in them till I think about 1988 then the ford I motor. Some TR-87's still had this motor too but the company changed them to the genesis motor after one year, at least that what they did on TR-97's. If open your chaffer up and speed the fan up you can have a very clean sample of beans. Also lower the back ext. down will help also.

Pete

I am a little confused about HP on TR86. My brochure (1988 I believe) shows the TR86 with a Ford 476cid(7.8l) engine which has 188hp at 2500RPM.

Ilnewholland

I looked in my brochure's in 1984 the cat 86 had 175 hp,1992 the TR 86 had 188 hp ford 474 cid motor, TR 87 had 200 hp, and the TR 88 had 200 hp 456 cid genesis. The grain tank is 190 bu on all the combine's. Any of the engine's are very good and have plenty of power for this combine.