Combines New Genesis

kube26

There won't be by Buhler. Buhler is just contracted by newholland to

mx270

Buhler owns the Genesis design and plant where they are made Buhler is going to build them for 2 years for NH the only thing that NH did not sell was the supersteer which will be put on a CIH mx and then will be sold as a NH Tractor I have seen an mx with supersteer on it

JD

mx270, WhatIJ I really struggle with trying to believe you've seen a MX with SuperSteer! What I've been told is the new NH tractor will debut in fall'02. Also, heard that the SuperSteer would never be put on a CaseIH design. Both brands will still be made as with the Combines. For the time being, I will believe my man till I see different. JD

JD

mx270, WhatIJ I really struggle with trying to believe you've seen a MX with SuperSteer! What I've been told is the new NH tractor will debut in fall'02. Also, heard that the SuperSteer would never be put on a CaseIH design. Both brands will still be made as with the Combines. For the time being, I will believe my man till I see different. JD

jp

A Supersteer will never go on a tractor with CIH decals, but from all accounts I have heard the MX series will be used for both brands. The common platform approach at its best. I suspect a good portion of the mechanicals will be the same, but different body panels and small options will be found on each model. I wouldn't doubt the fact that CNH has already been tinkering around with putting that axle under a MX, but I have trouble believing that anyone outside of the RandD department has seen it.

JD

jp, My man says not. They will not be on the same anything. NH already had a prototype in the works before the merger so I'm told. This guy has been with them since college, 20+ years and he has been on many proto's. We had a proto TR-96 running on our farm in '83 and he is who brought it. JD

jp

I heard the exact same thing as you did, only I was put under the assumption that the new tractor wouldn't be ready when the two year deal with Buhler is up, so the MX series would fill in the gap. I guess only time will tell what will shake up. This very thing that is happening right now is what could give CNH the most problems. There are simply too many rumors out there that CNH is not putting to rest. The guy that informed me seemed that he knew what he was talking about, same as your guy. I would like to hear some straight answers from the actual company.

Corn_Stalk

Where did you hear this from IJIJIJIJIJ. NH will not be putting the Supersteer on ANY CIH tractors....period. CIH tried two years ago to make their own version of supersteer, but failed miserably. CIH were whining that the new DX compact series (the Boomer painted red) would not get the Supersteer as an option. Also NH will not be putting the optional MegaFlow on any CIH tractors as well. Finally the MX Maxxum line will be replaced and use only the NH chassis. If CNH gets their way all tractors in two years coming out of the CNH plant will be blue. They have just started an incentive program for all NH dealerships to buy-out their neighbouring CIH dealerships. Fact, not fiction.

JD

Corn Stalk, The question is, were did you hear your factsIJ I think you and mx270 have gotten into a spitting contest. There has been no talk of scrapping the MX and Maxxum lines that I know of. Ofcourse, I could have gotten some bad infoIJ I think not! JD

Corn_Stalk

While I would like to keep my sources name private, he works for Fexi~coil _ NH _ CNH. This has been openly discussed at many meetings, and was made official at a "orientation meeting" last fall where most of CIH, and NH tractors, combines, planting equipment was all put on display for CIH_NH_Flexi~coil employee's from regional reps up to look at and compare. It was at this meeting that is was brought forward that the CIH tractor line would be dissolved, starting with the 50-145hp line-up of CX, and MX Maxxums. Even though a time-line for this to happen was not clear, this was to be accomplished A.S.A.P. I am not starting a "spittin' contest" by any means. There is a great deal of rumours out there right now. Because of my friend, I get an inside scoop every week or so. Also, please don't take it as I am trying to "be-little" CIH or any of their products as we have run CIH tractors, and Axial~Flow's for years. We only recently switched to NH, last year a TR99, this year Genesis tractor's. One of the big reason's for the switch was because of what head office in CNH are planning on doing to the CIH products.