Combines TR97 vs TR 98 vs TR99

NHD

Well, it's very easy to point out the differences. I have owned and operated a TR-97, 3 TR-98's and now a TR-99. The TR-99 has the latest improvements of course. They are all truly for the better.1. The horsepower is great-more capacity. It probably exceeds the belts in many situations. The feeder house drive belt is a 2 groove belt on the TR-99 and the chopper belt on the TR-99 is 3 groove. The chopper on the TR-98,99's are the best of any too.2. Clean grain elevator is 3_4 inch wider and bubble up auger is redesigned to put less strain on the auger drive. The auger folds down and straight up for even tank filling with a Maurer bin extension-300+b. capacityThis is all neede for hi yielding corn. The combine can thresh and seperate maybe 3000 buper hour but the clean grain system can only do about 2475b_h.3. Grain tank unloading aure has been speeded up and is now the fastest of all combines.I might ad that it is also the most trouble free and uses less horsepower than any.4. Concave adjustment is electric now-a big improvement. There is a guage on the panel too.5. lateral tilt indicator on panel too-neat.6.Unloading auger drive belt is hydraulic engaged too. 7. Concave extensions are off of the side doors and back on the concave on the round bar corn and bean cocave. A big improvement!I guess there are other improvements, but the ones I have mentioned are really good.Fuel consumption is about 20 gallon a day less than a TR-96. I'm not sure about the TR-97.The Genesis engine in the TR-98 and 99 are the best there is.I like the newest color scheme too. The late 2000 TR-99's have a more yellow yellw paint too.TR-99 is the best!!!

NH99

99 is the best of the bunch so far (lets hope so) as far as power, the 98 and 99 are about the same...very powerful, although it can still be overtaken by combining 150 bushel corn at 6mph 8 row head unloading on the go, (with a slight hill)

gm

the reason why they redesighned the bubble up auger is because by making it come straight up it decreased the horsepower requirements by 20hp when the hopper is full. It requires less power because now the auger stays above the grain most of the time so it isn't having to push so much grain in the tank.