Combines unplugging tr98

Waterboy

I traded my MF 8560 for another TR, yes unplugging may tougher because TR doesn't have rotor reverser, but rotors are easily and quickly reached through side covers. With belt drive rotor plugging was much less often than the Hydralic drive. Also TR has stronger framework around rotor and concaves.

scooter

Since NH went to a torque sensing drive ( beginning with the 86_96 models ),I do not hink this is a problem. I only plugged my combine once since then and that took about 30 minutes to inplug. I never used a hyd drive with reverser on the rotors, but the NH head reverser is the best on the market and will make up for any shortcomings unplugging the rootrs, which I think is a minor problem.

NHD

I agree that the newer TR's are harder to slug, butttttt! it can be done and it isn't any fun. We have the most trouble in heavy irrigated windrowed oats.The TR-99 has really helped this problem by putting a electric driven concave adjuster. This really speeds the job up. I much prefer unpluging a TR- to either CaseIH or massey.If the green straw gets back to the eater you have a bigger problem unpluging and often a broken belt. Caution!! be sure you have not burned the rotor drive belt in one spot. It will really raise havoc with the spring loaded upper pulley. The TR-99 with more HP lessens the possibility too. I don't like the big heavy breaker bar, but maybe they will come up with an improvement soon.

2rotorsrule

All I can say is common sense. How do you save grain if you're pushing them THAT hard. These combines have plenty of capacity, and if you just keep them good and full you can really get the acres done.

2rotorsrule

All I can say is common sense. How do you save grain if you're pushing them THAT hard. These combines have plenty of capacity, and if you just keep them good and full you can really get the acres done.