Combines pulled the trigger

NHD

Yes, there is a prefered grain tank extension. Maurer mfg of Iowa makes the best on for aTR-98. This fold down extension increases the tank capacity to over 300 bu. I have been using this type on my TR's for maybe5 or 6 years. We custom harvest so they get a lot of folding and unfolding. I have never had one fail in any way. We do put a 4 or 6 inch board across the front and back to avoid spilling if you stop suddenly with a full tank. We always put a Maurer hyd. bubble up auger extension in the tank to take pressure off of the regular bubble up auger drive. The bubble up auger drive has been a big problem in the earlier TR-96's. This add on auger really solves that problem. We think it is needed even in the TR-98 model. especially in wet corn. We do modify the mounting for this auger.the mounting tube is supposed to be bolted to the front and back of the grain tank. This hinders raising the door to get to the rotor gear boxes and also raising the window behind the cab for washing. We weld onto the mounting tube and put it in across the grain tank. Works great! The auger is adjustable so you can set it to fill the tank exactly in the middle. Caution never have the auger tipped back too far! It will run grain over the back without the operator knowing it. Very embarrasing!!! The TR-99's have eliminated the need for this add on auger by completly redsigning the bubble up auger system. It works great! Good luck!!

scooter

Saw a prototype J and M yesterday. looks good. Similar to the Maurer only heavier. They have been making one for about a yeear for the Deere. Check it out befroe you buy.

airman

What does J and M stand for I whant to look at it on the internet.

jp

That is the actual name of the company. They make pretty good stuff, lots of gravity wagons and carts in this area from them, almost every header trailer is JandM also.