Combines New Holland TX combines

Cowboy

TX's are still out there and they will outperform a 9600 hands

Combine_Wizard

You said a rotary separatorIJ I thought the TX was just conventional with straw walkers. Have I overlooked somethingIJ I sure wish some New Holland personnel would contact me. I've just lost all known contact with the boys I used to see at the farm shows and key dealerships. Keep telling us stuff about the TX, TF and TR combines. long live New Holland!

kube26

There are quite a bit up here in Canada. They are still being made. They really shine in the

kube26

Gotta get into igloo country to see them in NA. Piles of them up here in Canada. They just FlY through the windrowed crops that we have. little straight cutting up here. I'd say the TX 66 are a couple acre_hr faster than the maximizers. The TX 68 are quite larger capacitaed than the maximizers. Biggest cleaning area of all combines. Does a terrific job on the high yielding light crops (barley, oats). Doesn't throw much over. Beautiful machines to run, but require more maintenance than the Maximizers. The prototype to the TX series was setup with an automatic greasing system. But, they scrapped that idea believing the farmers wouldn't give the machine routine checkups and maintenance. I posted this before but it didn't seen to come on the General Forum.

John_W

The TX series has a beater behind the cylinder then another "rotary separator" that looks like another cylinder with tines on it that runs at 2_3 of cylinder speed(I think). The beater and the rotary separator both have grates under them so there isn't much grain left in the straw when it gets to the walker.

Combine_Wizard

That is more like the configuration I remember. It's just been so long ago, and it's not like we run across TX combines on every country road in TX, OK and KS. As I said before, these are relatively rare--at least in the US. I just wish more of them were around here to give the big Max. Deeres and even the lexions something to think about! I also remember the TX's to be really pretty combines.

herve

TX combines are very good combines. Here in France, there are around 28% of all the machines which dealer sell every year. They used a principal Drum (diameter 600 mm),a separator ( 2 speed 750t_min and 450 t_min) and finally straw walker herv

All_colours_turned_yellow

In simple laymans terms, the TX combine when introduced back in the early 90's to North America was 10 years ahead of where the competition is today as far as building combines goes. I just upgraded to a Tx 68 and have a real peach of a 1997 Tx 66 with 562 separator hours for sale. Combine has rear wheel assist and two speed cylinder drive. I am negotiable on price and financing could be made available. Can also be purchased with a 1998 973 flex head with a sch cutting system and Crary air reel.