Combines help with a Genesis

A

The only thing I can see is the 8670 has a different rear end (component-wise) than the 87,88,8970s. They are slightly lighter. I can tell you that the powertrain on all these tractors has been very reliable with minimal problems. In fact, powertrain is probably the most reliable component on this tractor. I truly beleive this is a worthwhile investment.

scooter

Just checked with my mechanic ( which I trust ) and he said he never heard of any problems with the 8670. I would not be afraid of that machine from whta you describe.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

If this 8670 is your first New Holland tractor, it definately won't be your last. I bought my first 8670 back in 97 and it has been an excellent tractor from one end to the other. This tractor is very reliable, fuel efficient, and extremely operator friendly!

TwinRotor

I have only heard good things about the Genesis tractors. They picked up where the 30 series tractors left off in power, servincing conveinence, etc... I just hope what they replace the Genesis with is just as good or better. When I saw the New Holland tractor train at the Farm Progress show last year, this should be more than enough to convince there good tractors. What they had was a TN tractor on a three point hitch in the front and a TM tractor on the three point hitch in the back, it was remarkable to see the Genesis tractor in the middle to be able to lift more weight than it weighs and be able run around the arena with all that weight on it. I need to get those pics on here.

farm_boy

Had a '94 8870 that had brake problems. They got fried and contaminated the whole hydraulic system and plugged the filters in about 3 hours. They ended up drilling a hole in the trumpet housing and ran a hose to the brakes to run oil over them to keep them cool. This is standard in production now. Never did get it figured out and NH stood behind it and I think they made it a service school tractor. The 8970 that we replace it with was great, we had it 3 years and replaced it with a cat 55 which had the same rear end tranny and had great luck with that, so I would in no way be afraid of that rear end at all.