Combines What s up with the bi rotorIJIJ

Denny

I live just north of the J.D. Waterloo plant that makes alot of the engines. An engineer told me Deere tested it out and they were having some problems with the bi-rotor but they were still gonna keep experimenting with it. I wonder how the new concave Deere is putting in their combine is gonna workIJ

gnu

J.D. presently has about a dozen people working on this project at Strother Field in Winfield, Ks. at present.They have a Bi-rotor setup installed in a 2188 IHC, and are running a standard 2188 alongside for comparison.

M

There is very interesting book that tracks the design and proto type Bi-Rotor, in addition to a brief look at combine history. It is interesting reading if you like this kind of thing. I am sorry I do not remember the name or author, But I can find it if anyone wants.

knucklebuster

Monty,I would like to get a hold of this book, any chance you can find the author_publisher_etc.IJ

nf

Do you mind sending me some info re. this book on the bi-rotor. I'm sold on rotor design and think JD is a great company but won't consider one of their machines until they utilize the rotary concept. Thanks.

Farmer_Barney

The name of the book you are looking for is Dream Reaper. I don't recall the author but it was published as part of a series by the MIT press.