Combines Comparing 9500 vs 7720II

mac

I have 640 x 1996 models running in the country that I work in.The 9500 is a highly productive machine and you will find plenty of differences.I operated early 9500's in Australia and the only problem we had was the dust. The feeder-house blows out a lot of dust in certain crops.The new model 9510 has extractor fans on the side if the feederhouse to combat this problem.It is possible to manufacture your own extractors with very little cost.

Mic

Thanks for the response. I have heard about the dust problems on the 9500, and the fire hazard inside one of the drive sheilds above the straw walkers. I was told that if you don't keep it blown out, the friction can create enough heat to ignite the material. How do you like setting up the 9500IJ Is it easier to adjust than the 7720II, etc.IJ Thanks

mac

I find the 9500's very easy to set-up.I have not had any problems with fires in that area of the machine. You do have to be careful in the engine compartment though (in dusty conditions). The batteries gather a lot of chaff and dust around them and can cause a few problems.