Combines 105

del

I drove by the dealer in turtle lake Wi and I noticed they had a 95 diesel hydrostat.

Roy

I grew up driving 105s and wanted to start my son out on one. Sort of interested in restoring one.

kent

I saw an ad for a 105 in the "Farmweek" newspaper it didn't say much about it, although it looks like he has 2. One to use and the other being the parts department. The Ph. is 812-254-3875 it says its in Plainville, IN

rich

Might be a 105 with hydro come up for sale this spring in central Mo.Was in good shape with previous owner,don't know the shape now.I used to own a 105 before i bought a 7700.Tip for a cheap monitor to know if shaft is turning. I went to local Radio Shack puchased set of closed contact points,12 volt light,speedo buzzer.Mounted one on chopper shaft, one on clean grain elevator, and should of put one on drag chain.It lets you know if anyone of these shafts stop turning.Keeps you from un-choking or tearing up things. The blinking light or buzzer lets you know if something stops. Cost about $10-$15 PER unit. Worked great.E-mail me if you want all the info.Rich

beanhead

Never thought anyone would mention '105' on this site! Great old machines. What do you mean by low hoursIJ Have a couple with 4000 hrs on them, but they've become part of the family. Still use them for harvest. Have seen some with 2000 hrs only to be parked outside permanently for lack of shed space and rusted beyond belief. Do you want 105 to use, restore, collectIJ I have several parts machines if you need parts. Good luck on your search!

Bigsky

Don't know of any for sale in my area, but always intrested in 95-105 postings, since I grew up running and older roundback 95. We have a local farmer here, who runs 2 105's. He is a very good mechanically inclined fellow, who bought a couple of 6600 wrecked diesels. He put in the diesel motors into the 105's, and also adapted the hydros to the 105's. Got aircondioning into the cabs, etc. Besides doing his own harvesting, he now even does a little custom work with these. A pleasure to see a pair of them running at harvest.

hank

How does a 105 compare to a 6600IJ I'd think they would be about the same. I put alot of hrs on a 6602 which is a hillside 6600, and always wanted to drive a 95, but never did. I bet a 105 would be easier to work on then a 6600- I never did like working under that seat!

J__D__Titan

Now you're talking! I'm really a big fan of the old 55-105 Deere's. Yes, it is a crying shame some people have had no regard for these old relics of the past. they are becoming scarcer and scarcer, as older ones either wear out, are destroyed by storms, fires, etc. or just simply put outside...to fall victim to time and nature. I'm no longer in a position to collect or restore these or any other old combines, but my heart sure does go out to those who have. I think it's high time we focus just a little more attention to antique and even classic combines, other than what they can or can't bring at the salvage or even scrap yard, and for heaven's sake, stop killing off the still running ones in demolition derbies!!! We worry more about saving some old whooping cranes, bald eagles and now mountain lions and wolves [were these last 2 ever really endangered], but we as a whole, have done little to preserve our vanishing agricultural heritage. As much as they have helped put millions of loaves of bread and boxes of cereal in our stores and kitchens, I think our old [restorable] combines are certainly more deserving and worthy of preservation than a rare bird or bug. At least the latter has its own ability to reproduce. Just some thoughts on the matter.

hank

Yeh-I agree! I always enjoy looking at older machinery, and old combines are my favorite. I wish I had the old 55 my grampa had.