Combines I m Switching to Yellow

djack

I agree the Deere heads are good. We ran a 643 on a TR85 and also a 693 on a Case 1640. But are there specific problems with a 974IJ I have already purchased one in great condition and yes, about 1_3 the price for a 893 Deere or 1_2 for a 843. It looks really similar to the Deere 843 except for the stock roll support bearnings (which remind me of the Gleaner heads I used to run). It looks to me that it will run flatter than a Deere and hopefully feed trash in betterIJIJIJ It's hard to go away from my 10XX series Case corn heads where weeds and trash are never a problem.

Ilnewholland

We run a 8 row 974 cornhead on our TR99. It works good. I don't like the little chains that drive the units under the cornhead. They wear fast and seem to break just at the worng time. I get about 2 years on the chains before they need replaceing. My head is a 1991 and other than the chains it has been trouble free. I would like to find a used 96c cornhead someday.

Boss_Man

It makes me happy too see a fellow farmer switch to New Holland. They do a great job in specialty crops in particular. They are very gentle and grain loss is minimal.