Combines 1020 Header Reel Quit tonite

lee

Oh yeah forgot, Combine pushing header is late model long shoe 1680, 91 year model, Also noticed whne pushed 4WD button tonite, Thought machine run just bit slower in mud, Full hydro stick all the way fwd, was 3.9mph, is this about normal speed in mudIJwill run 5.3 with 4WD out, going to truck, w 30.5 32 fronts regular tread firestones

west_illini

Just in case, check the bolt the goes thru the driven sprocket on the reel. I have had that come out_break more than once.

IH1985

If the bolts in the sprocket wont fix the problem. check you wire going into the varible speed pump on the left side of the feeder. I have seen the wire break out of the top of the control unit.

Deadduck

Cutting on the 4WD diverts some of the oil away from the main hydrostat motor to the rear wheel motors. Thus it will slow down the combine some. That's why many have the 2 speed hydro, to speed it back up.

lee

Figured out the problem this morning, Drive sprocket end of reel, The plate that bolts to end of reel with 4 - 3_8ths boths , weld has broke i beleive, We can trun reel fwd, @ same time turn drive sprocket in reverse, So monday with loader tractor i guess we'll lift reel off pull out stub shaft an reweld, Got new 1 on order from Indianapolis, be here Wednesday for $160.00, Hopefull we can fix in it cpl 3 hrs Monday morn, Thanks for all the advice anyways!, Hopefully it'll quit raining an we can run more than 2 days week

coop_62

hope you got your problem fixed last night i was driving ours and all of a sudden my reel stopped and then i noticed i couldn't raise the grain head me and the local Case guy worked on it for 4 hrs today and we still can't figure out what in the heck's wrong the switch works on the joystick all the wires checked out and if you hit the celanoids on the side of the combine the head will raise up and down talk about fun fun :)

rjp

switch that solenoid with the solenoid that runs the unloading auger in and out. That will fix it I bet

Case_Farmer

Well it turns out the Header Brain wasn't reading Engine RPM's so when it doesn't the head reel stops and so does the ability to raise and lower the head also whenever you do shut the combine down and you try to engage the seperator switch it doesn't work either. So all you need to do is go back and take out the sensor and adjust or replace it and then she works like a charm