Combines Gleaner M2

SilverTurnedGreen

Your M2 is very comparable to a Deere 6620, only much easier to repair and maintain than the Deere.

Tom

30.5x32IJIJ Are you trying to run on a lake or somethingIJ I had 24.5x32 on an M2 with wheels that allowed running between rows. You might want to consider custom wheels if you have 30 corn or corn stubble will do a number on those tires. For my money, the M2 was so far ahead of the competition that nothing would compare with it. let us know how it works out for you. By the way, I also upgraded from a C2. My son didnt like the M2 because he couldnt watch his daddy stick his arm through the hole in the side of the cab to engage the separator. But when he got old enough to run the M2, he was glad we had it. Tom Russell

Hyper_Harvest_II

Curt, Your M2 should make you a nice machine.Real comparable in size to the JD6620. Does this combine have a hillside blowerIJMaybe you are more fortunate to have level ground,but this is a nice option for rolling fields. 30.5-32's on the front of a M2 may warrant larger rear tires to level out the combine. I would not run this machine with the tail down. I have a customer that had 12.4-24 on the back of his M2 since he had 23.1-34's on the front.

Curt

We got the 30.5X32's because the soil is real sandy around here and getting stuck is a big time waster when we are triing to get the crops off. I did finally get to test drive it yesterday and I'm already begining to like the hydrostatic transmission. I remember the day's when I used to watch my dad or ride with him on the C2, but since I've gotten older we started running more ground and I wanted to upgrade to a bigger machine. Everyone around here drives nothing but JD, you see green where ever you go, it's nice to know that other people do use Gleaner too.

Curt

We do have a hillside blower off of a M (we have an old M for part's) but we won't get any use out of it because the ground is pretty level where we are. Thank's for the advice about running larger back tires we'll look into that before we harvest next year.

Il_Farmer

We once owned a M2 Gleaner with a factory R.W.A. it worked well for us, and we wish we had it on our new combine an R-42. The M was a an excellent combine for us but was starting to use a little oil once it hit 2600hrs. and the sheet metal was showing quite a bit of wear.

Curt

Thanks for the info on the R.W.A. I did realize after I wrote about the R.W.A. that it can be done but I didn't know if anyone used it or if they had any trouble with itIJ

brent_56

The only suggestion i would have is to adjust your sives at the very back tilt the last case of sives upward and see if that will keep the grain contained in yout machine without allowing trash to flow into the bin. The l_M series definately do not thrash well on hills. Good luck!!

SD_455

The M2 was last made in 1982, the M3 started in 1983. The M3 serial n started with 24701.