Combines Unloading Auger R42

T__langan

You have the overhead switch on your Tattletale monitor set on "Automatic" rather than "Manual". They must use a timer for the "Auto" function.

IowaDan

I'm not sure you understood my question. I don't mean that when I retracted the auger that the hydralics kept running for a short time. I was running the auger itself to clean out the hopper and when I shut it off, the auger kept running for a few seconds.

T__langan

OK, I reread your post and understand what you're saying. Almost sounds like the clutch is sticking. Never heard of that happening, but doesn't mean it can't. Maybe after running for awhile, it will loosen up and shut off when it's supposed to.

R_O_M

If the machine has been sitting around since last season and the auger is being run empty then it is not unusual for the drag of the clutch plates to spin the auger, albeit at a reduced speed, for quite a few seconds. This can be due to some slight rust or residues on the metal faces of the clutches. Once shone up the clutch will be OK again. This may be worth a try. Find a plug connection in the auger circuit and disconnect it when the auger is running. It should stop pronto. Switch off before you reconnect. This should tell you if the problem is mechanical or electrical. If mechanical it could be a broken link from the clutch plate to the centre allowing some jamming of the clutch plate or just a sticking plate. If electrical you have to check switches and micro switches in the circuits.

sawdust

I had the same thing happen a couple of times on an R50. It would always be when you first started out after it had been sitting for a while. The auger would keep running and not shut off. Even if you tried to bump up the hydraulics to hit the limit switch, it still wouldn't shut off. If you shut off the engine the auger would be off when you restart it. After that it would be ok. It seems that moisture draws and collects on the clutch plate and causes a bit of rust and the auger doesn't want to shut off. After it shines up everything would work fine.