Combines R75 won t feed 220 bu corn

ANM

Make sure you have the turned the blocks on both the front and rear conveyors to the corn position. It's just a rectagular block that you turn to increase the clearance.

Illinois_Gleaner

I am not runing in 220 bushel corn. But I am running in 185 to 190 bu corn. The mosture is anywhere from 13 to 18. Some numbers are running everything from where I pinch it to the tassel through the machine. Getting some rotor loss on that. I run a 12 row on mine. Have never had a feeding problem other then the fluff in the middle of the afternoon. Are you running your chain on the grain or cornIJ I run mine on the fast side and let it float like on beans. Havent had a problem yet. I have the CDF in the 75. I am not impressed at all with it in corn. It isnt any better then my old 72. It better be better in beans or I am going to be PEOD. I still get cobs in the sample. I think the seperator grate should be moved back closer to the smaller rotorIJ Do you have the CDFIJ IG

Brian

There is a hump kit that can be installed in the feeder opening of the head. Do you have itIJ This gets rid of a dead spot between feeder chain and floor of head. For the life of me I can't figure out why this is a kit and not standard. Makes a huge difference!!!

Mike

I'm assuming your slipping the head auger slip clutch. If so we finally figured out that they no longer put a paddle in the middle of the head to drive the crop back. They just dead end the flighting on either side of the cross auger shaft and the crop just sits there with no were to go. We finally cut 10" of flight off each side and made a steel paddle about 3" tall on each side and that makes a huge difference. A wedge kit is not going to help feed it because we have one and until we cut out some flightiong ours fed like crap also. a wedge will help in down corn.

NDDan

I'm 100% with Brian. This floor slope is a must. It is simply a flat plate that starts a bit behind auger and extends a couple inches onto feeder house floor. This takes the dip out between header and feeder. You do make it sound like auger slip clutch is the one slipping so I wouldn't worry about feeder at this time. One other thing I have found on the eight row heads is the left and right auger flighting do not intersect a common line around auger. I've had to extend flighting on all of ours and that in conjunction with floor filler we can feed anything we come accross with eaze. I believe Mike had to go the paddle method with the 12 row. I haven't been around them so can't comment. Although I did talk to some guys running 12 row heads and they explained to me that there is a piece of reverse flighting on each side of auger bearing support. Then they explained to me that reverse flighting does not meet a center line around auger. In fact there was a fair gap that had nothing to push cobs left, right, or rearward. This sounded like a problem area just like I experienced on the 8 row heads before extending the flighting and installing floor filler. I hope something hear help you get that header working like it can. Good luck

slims

IG make sure you have a high wire concave and sep. grate. Is your rotor set up like the book saysIJ I have had to take sep. grate up to 5 in some cases to cure rotor loss. also what are you running for cyl. speed and concave clearence. The CDF needs to run faster and tighter. The guys we have running are starting at .45 and 400. Good luck Brian in Illinois.

Hibred

Just a thought but we had a similar problem before just like you, i would imagine you have the 8" drum in the feeder house as we did and we found that by moving the front drum back it will feed much better, we had to move it back out for beans and small grain, hope this helps.

Illinois_Gleaner

I have a high wire concave. I zeroed out the concave at 3_4 of an inch. I am running from 350 to 450 on the rotor. And .6 to .7 on cylinder. If I put it any tighter it grinds the heck out of the cob. I speed it it up to try to reduce the rotor loss but that didnt help either. It is running so much trash in the head I think it is caring out on the shucks. That is why I think the seperator grate needs to be back to the width it was with the larger rotor. There is a good inch between the outer edge of the helical and the cylinder bar in the seperator area. IG

Illinois_Gleaner

I will look into one of those kits. Does it list it on the agco parts pageIJIJ IG

posum

IG;I hope you have better results in beans.We have 2 seasons on the CDF in a 62. It really grinds bean stalks bad,to the point of overloading the shoe. would like to see sep. grate electrically adjustable like concave. We have to change this grate several times a day.currently have all fwd. barsandsteep helicals over concave.Still to aggressive and still some rotor loss in beans.Its a shame to spend 7k and still need to modify rotor even more.