Combines R75 won t feed 220 bu corn

Brian

Not sure about where listed. I could look up part number tomorrow if you wantIJ I think they are about $63.

Brian

IG and Slims, Are you guys setting concave this tight to thresh or reduce rotor losses or bothIJ Curious as to why. last we ran ours at 10-12. We had good yielding high quality corn so maybe ours just threshed easy last year. We were VERY dry here this year so will get to see what a CDF is like in droughty corn.

Illinois_Gleaner

Would that eleminate having to pick up corn off the ground everytime you set the head on the carrierIJ Which is after every field for me with a 12 row. IG

Illinois_Gleaner

Are you zeroed out on 3_4 or 7_16 IJ That might be why I am setting it at 7 and you are at 10. That would be about the difference would nt it beIJ IG

Illinois_Gleaner

It is sad to say but I cant figure out how they come up with these so called improvements. And they are not. Have you liked yours in corn IJIJ I was really thinking I would have acob problem with this one. I got a FM dock at the elevator today,I never in 7 years with the 72's got a FM dock in corn. I just cant get the cobs out. IG

j72

we had rotor loss whenn we started this year. after talking with others we closed the sep. grate up to 7, closed concave up to .5, run cyl. at 400e-450. we got our loss down to half bu. according to formula in book. we dropped spreader and counted aprox. 15-20 grains in the discharge path with a 12 row head. the book says 36 to make a bu. if read it correctly. no feeding problems this year other the fluff in the afternoon like you say.thought about getting one of those mini trash reels from remlinger but i can tolerate it for couple hours. pretty satisfied with performance except clean grain auger and elevator are maxed out at 5 mph in 175bu.corn. if i had more time and patience i would modify a bigger auger and elevator to take it away. we dont load engine hardly at all.

j72

do you have lat. tiltIJ whether you do or dont shoudnt matter. weld some short reverse flight on corn auger in the center, make sure feeder chain is on fast pulleys on the right side, make sure var. speed lock out is released on left side of feeder house, speed header up to max speed, AND GO GET THE TRUCKS. 8 row head on 75 in 220 bu. corn should easily 5.5 - 6 mph.

Brian

We are zeroed out at about 3_4". The way I understand (probably not right) that shouldn't make much difference as to where clearance is set. That just means the front of the concave is at 3_4" clearance when the back (pinch point) is at zero. I've been under the impression that a "bunch" of wedge is good in corn so the cobs can start shelling with lots of room (less grain damage) then you take last few kernals off at the pinch point. Note, we take out some to all of the wedge in beans if needed to reduced amount of pods in sample. Back to corn. Are the clearance indicators on these newer machines different than oursIJ Again, that seems narrow to me. A 7 would be less than 1_2". With 185+ corn surely your cobs are larger than that. Often I take hand shelled cob and place in concave at pinch point (cylinder inspection hole) and set clearance to just pinch cob and that usually means a cylinder setting of 3_4" or more. I feel the beauty of the cdf is the reduced diameter of it so that cobs are no longer getting "pinched" between the cylinder bars and helicals. I could usually get whole cobs at concave with standard cylinder but by the time they tumbeled around a few times getting to the discharge they were in bits. Something just has to be wrong; last year we just had the most perfect sample in those conditions. In fact we no-till beans and and you can still see the evidense of whole and nearly whole cobs everywhere.

Brian

I wouldn't say elimate but I bet most of the time we do not have ears fall out. Some times maybe 2-3 ears.

posum

Can't comment on corn with CDF,only have 200 ac. of corn and pick that with M-3.Did not get cornhead with the 62.We had good samples with previous R-50 in corn beans and wheat, it had hyped 8 bar rotor.CDF in 62 has been good in green stem soys as far as hp. usage, but FM dock has been much higher than it was with R-50.Will be starting soys next week with 62. please post if you find a way to clean up FM problem. Thanks.