Combines Why would anyone have a turrent on a Gleaner

j72

true it is noisy. but simple con cept to work on compared to other colors ive heard. it will wear out sooner than the older swivel. but we couldnt do without ours now. makes unloading on the go in tall carts much safer. we added a 3 ft. ext. to ours to give more space between head and cart.

slims

IG When you have time pull out one of the bolts that holds 90 deg. gears on top and put some grease in it. I have found some to come out w_out grease in them. It won't make it quiet, but it will help.

sawdust

I just purchased my first Gleaner with a turret and would not buy another with a swivel auger. The turret clears my trucks and carts and don't have to worry about the swivel auger hitting the side. True, the turret is very noisy, however, I rented a 9650STS when my machine was broke down last fall and the auger was as noisy or noisier than the turret on this Gleaner. I guess that's why they make both the turret and swivel, you can have whichever one you want.

RJT

I feel the same, I have had two and they have been very expensive to fix and very troublesome. At 7-800 hrs you will need to replace the upright flighting. When I called the factory to ask why they didn't use heavier flighting they said they didn't know where to get any. At about the same time I had to replace the bevel gears, cost $900 for them. I've had the bolts break that hold the gear case and that was very time consumeing to fix. I bought it to get over a high grain cart, but now think it much cheaper to get a low cart like the Kinze and use the 14" swivel

Marshaltown_Farms

Have had much trouble with the turrent on my R 62 but like the clearance it gives me on the bigger carts. Have dropped into to many deep pivot tracks and ended up putting a hole new swivel assembly plus bin work to only have it happen again soon. Wish they could come up with a better design on the r series.

Illinois_Gleaner

They did. The one on the A85 is a sweet set up. Best of both worlds. Straight through auger like the swivel. Straight out of the tank at a higher angle. I wish they would put them on the R65 and 75 but I would say that isnt going to happen. But I bet they put it on the massey. IG

Illinois_Gleaner

RJT, The last sentence is what I always said,dont buy those tall carts. I have a 700 bu Killbros cart. My buddy has a 700 JM ,mine isnt near as tall as his and they hold the same amount. Also with my 12 corn head I cant get close enough to trucks and carts to hit the swivel. IG

Silver_Shoes

If you ever get a 14 inch swivel you will love it. That thing just shoots the grain out in a hurry and is very gentle on the sample as well. I could never go to a turret auger. Over, straight up and over is just wacked. We have a NECO circulator system in a grain bin that augers grain straight up the center of the bin and then spreads it on top and I will tell you that is the one thing that fixed my opinion of ever buying a turret auger. If you want to move grain straight up it better be a leg elevator and not an auger. Why have a threshing machine that produces a great sample and then screw it up by trying to auger it straight up and beat the snot out it.

farmermike

It sounds like you might know something but you are sworn to secrecy. We will stay tuned!