Combines hyper mods F2 bars

tbran

the bar bolts into the bottom separator grate, where there are no helicals.

PETE

If your cage has the helicals on the bottom of the cage you need to remove them before installing the F2 bars as they mount directly to the cage. I don't know how many rows you remove as when I got my N6 there were no helicals in the bottom of the cage. Maybe some of the other Gleaner Guru's can answer that. Cut some 1_2" x 1" bar stock and use that for backing plates to hold the bars down, use a minimum of grade 5 bolts grade 8 would be better. Get ready to have fun with your "hyperized" machine. Pete Hinrichsen

NEBRASKA_GlEANER

Thanks Pete, On the separator side of my cage there are short helicals across the bottom.I will remove them and bolt in the bars.How do you get your hands under there to get at the nutsIJ I finished the rotor the other day and will have the extra discharge paddles done Monday. Replacing the bearing on the end of the rotor also.We got the helicals installed and was just checking on the F-2 bars so I didn't screw something up.I am still planning on putting a plug in the unloader auger cylinder but will have to take a look at the cylinder to see how to take the end cap off.I hope to be in the field by Thursday.Thanks for your help. P.S. How much longer before you start feeding your beast (N-6)IJIJIJIJ

PETE

You need to have a long flexible skinny arm to reach from the back over the distribution auger. Standing on your head also helps. It is a pain and thart is why you want to get them in right and tight the first time. looks like a couple more weeks for me, I do know there are guys going in my area (Eastern Ia) But I like to wait until the crop is fit and stay after it instead of having to pay to dry allot of wet corn or try to cover up the green beans in the truck because I got my underwear in a bunch and had to be the first one in the field. Been there, done that, even bought the T-shirt. Pete Hinrichsen