Combines wedge kit worked

Brian

Just for giggles try setting concave clearance at about 12. That may be a little wide but making big setting changes can tell you a lot in a little while. I think your too narrow and your busting cobs right at the concave. Please let me know what your results are.

Gpurrs

Does anyone know if this wedge kit is available for an older N series head,and if so,the part numberIJ TIA.

kip

Brian, Does .6 mean 6 tenths of an inch clearanceIJ If so 12 (or 1 inch and 2 tenths) would make more sense. Cobs in my area are larger this year.

tbran

braggart :) actually 1 mark is a 16th so 12_16ths = 3_4" . I remembered also one year we had bad cob break up, we went against the 'book and lowered the front grate 2 marks to max and it helped. '83 was the year.

kip

Setting the concave on 1.2 worked great. Cobs coming out whole and picked up about 1 mph. Closing the chaffer cleaned the corn right up. This M11 is a beast. Turn heat valve on last night (valve on motor) and control in cab won't work. Any suggestions. Also, right side window leaks air at top and is noisy when combining corn. Tried adjusting bracket but that just pulls center of window tight and makes it leak more.

tbran

well, don't want to open a can o worms, but there was an update kit for both the AC and the door seals. What year modelIJ The system was set up origionally to have the compressor run all the time. Then add hot water to warm it up if necessary. Problem was whoever made the valve had a little slack in the stem to shut off flap, thus one either was too hot or too cold. The fix kit worked and it went back to the old system.

NDDan

I'm just going threw a '03 75 that came from outside the area and had a list of all the bullitons I wanted to check out. One never knows if they were all done or if they pertained to the area it ran. Anyway I found you need to have your dealer check out combine op area 0016 for your door seal, op area 0014 for proper hookup of heater hoses, and op area 0025 for update kit that will fix a-c once and for all. Auto climate controls new for this year have been flawless. Got ta love that. I'd suggest your dealer checks out these bullitons and any other that pertain to your S_N just to be sure nothing else has been missed over the years. Best of luck