Combines 430 orange cornhead deck platesIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

We usually take a torch and in between the grass knife and the frame there is enough room to allow torch tip to heat the nut that you are talking about breaking the welds on. Heat the nut until red and then let cool enough until red disappears and then try moving bolt in and out while also using pentrating oil.Once in awhile you will have the nut break loose from frame and then you have to remove grass knife and re-weld. I would set front at 1" and rear at 1 1_8"(Rear should always be wider just like the MIl according to Tbran) Hyper Harvest II

dairyfarmer

sorry for not explaining better earlier i can get the bolts to move (loosen) but the plates wont move is there anything else that needs to be loosened dairyfarmer

Hyper_Harvest_II

If deck plates have not been moved in quite a while then I am sure that rust and dirt are your worst enemy. Cleaning dirt and debris will help along with some penetrating oil but your best bet is some love taps with a 2-8 lb. hammer. Good luck, Hyper Harvest II

cott

Had to deal with this problem this fall, remove the grass knife, there are 2) 3_8 bolts that holds the striper plate to the frame, and a 5_16 bolt under the front idler. They are in a slotted grove to allow the plate to be adusted, but the plate is probably rusted to the frame. Hope this helps. Greg