Combines Adjustable Stripper plates

T__langan

There are probably 2 or 3 wires going to the motor. Two wires if the motor is grounded to the corn head, three if they are grounded somewhere at the combine itself. If only two, there would only be power in one wire at a time. Power in one wire to move the motor in one direction and power in the other wire when switch is pressed in opposite direction to reverse the motor direction. If you have three wires, one of them is the ground - usually a black or green wire. I cannot understand why AGCO uses these 12V actuators. They must have bought a million of them when they started putting electric ladder lifts on combines and are trying to get them used up. They work fine on the ladder lifts, but we've now had two 800 flex heads with electric fore and aft reel and one of the actuators will not stay put on both heads. Reel creeps forward on one side - have to pull reel all the way back to sync actuators and move forward again a few times each day. Why don't they use hydraulic rams on reel and corn head decks like everyone elseIJ I suppose, if my theory is true, once they get all of them used up, they will switch to hyd. and then new heads won't work on older machines without sticking a quater million dollars into converting the combine - seems to be the standard M.O. for Gleaner. We just traded for a '99 R62 and I was relieved to see it still had the knuckle buster Chinese ratchet for adjusting concave instead of the electric adjust! :)

NowGleaner7

Tom I know what you mean by the ratchet (pre R65) but be careful what you wish for on the hydraulic fore and aft. My previous combines(CIH) had the hydraulic fore and aft and we replced cylinders and had to cycle daily as they would creep ahead if you were operating with the reels down. I still have a couple of spare (used) black cylinders kicking around. The seal kits would work for awhile and then back to the same ole and the company said it was an offshore problem. When I went with Gleaner I considered their fore and aft a plus:"). Having said that Agco should look at a supplier that would have a better brake for their fore and aft. Have a safe harvest ,Dave

Silver_Sheller

Yes there is only 2 wires that go to it and only one has power at a time depending which way you have the switch

T__langan

If you have power at the connector when the switch is pressed, sounds to me like you have a problem with the ground.