Combines Bison in green stem beans

posum

Thanks for the info. Please keep us posted on your bison. We still have 95% of our beans to go and would like all the info we can get on the bison. We might go to a bison. still not really happy with cdf yet.

Illinois_Gleaner

I would also. I think this CDF is a joke. I am glad I didnt buy it outright. It was already in the combine. I think it is just another Agco mistake,pushing Massey junk over on us Gleaner guys. WAY OVERRATED. I can do just as good in corn with my old rotor. I havent seen the advantage in beans either.Way harder to set then the old style IG

Silver_Shoes

Running both, very satisfied with the CDF and the Bison. We had some rotor loss isssues with the Bison but my brother said it was because we were missing some piece we needed in the cage. Since he fixed that the only loses I am seeing is off the snapping rolls in corn. I wouldnt be afraid of trying a Bison if your looking at a different style rotor but the CDF has been doing very well also.

big_orange

I would totally disagree that the CDF is overrated. Takes less fuel and power than the standard rotor. It's different to set but not hard. lightens the shoe load in corn, because of whole cob.In beans you run it tighter and faster, will give a seed quality sample with less power.

Brian

IG, where are your corn settingsIJ Around here cylinder 380-450 rpms and concave at 12. Drive as fast as the corn head can pick and never see a cob in the tank all day.

mailman13

I have no idea where you are coming from with the "Massey junk" comment in regards to the CDF rotor. Maybe the new A series axial flow Gleaners are a Massey idea but the CDF is a total Gleaner idea. With a few exceptions the CDF has gone over extremely well. Just as with other colors changing rotors, some will not like the change. I have a neighbor with a IH 1680 who still runs the standard rotor when most everyone around him runs the specialty rotor or AFX. He says it does what he wants so he sees no need to change. Whatever works for you is fine with me.

posum

I know what you mean IG. We been running cdf 2 seasons, starting on third bean crop now. Bought it outright, first one my dealer sold. He didnt even know what it was until i told him. He called Agco to get more info on it. Folks on this forum know combines better than some- not all- but some dealers. I still can't get sample without pods and sticks in it.Maybe it's just my beans.Takes a little less power than 8 bar but sample is not any better.Thanks to all ,dealers andfarmers alike willing to share info to help keep gleaners running their best.By the way IG I did check chaffer and sieve both are short round finger,listed as standard in op manual.

Illinois_Gleaner

Brian I have tried everything. 300 to 500 on the rotor speed. 5 to 7 on the air. .6 to 1.5 on the concave. Bottom sieve wide open to setting them both about half way. Yesterday I was getting little sticks in there with the cobs. IG