Combines thanks cab not leaking and corn going thru

Illinois_Gleaner

Down to 18% when did you plant that July 4th. I shelled some corn today that was 11.5 % straight out of the field. If we hit some 15% we think we are in heaven. I dont know which is worst,beans at 7 % or corn at 11%. They both suck. IG

sidekick

IG; Finished my dab of beans Monday.low 9% with green stems and laying over.Not very enjoyable cutting.So much dust you can't see the cutter bar so you just drive untill the head starts raising trying to climb the pile of trash that built up.Dirt was so dry and loose that if you scooted a leaf it would push a pile of dirt up.Might have got them at 11% but of course the work that was supposed to get done to combine after last harvest was still waiting to be done.Corn was 27% Sept 4.Don't know where it's at now.Will find out soon as I get my fuel tank issue solved.You about doneIJ

dairyfarmer

planted may 25th at 40,000 intended for silage but had other corn that lookd worse neighbor couldnt get it thru his jd header either oh was that fun teasing him at the coffee shop sunday morning he says let it dry it will shell better i adjusted my plates in and went at it doing about 110bpa only 4 inches of rain since being planted ears are filled out but small 120 day corn new number supposed to be silage corn standing great and green stalks and leaves yet another field 112day pioneer bt planted may 18th at 25k is 18% also for me than i am done with corn both field heavily manured and little rain but yied will be all right with me for the year we had dairyfarmer

Illinois_Gleaner

Yea I am about done. I should be done by the weekend. IG