Combines Help Combine settingsIJ

R_O_M

You may have to add a board some 3 or 4" high to the tailboard on the sieves to raise the tailboard well above the sieve level. This allows a little more wind to be used but will help in keeping seed on the sieves.

NDDan

Also heard of guys cutting front few louvers of chaffer loose and adding separate handle to operate individually from the rest. That was a mod mentioned by Gleaner in the early '80s to get more capacity out of chaffer in corn on the rotarys. This one guy I can think of said he really didn't need to install extra handle for he runs it wide open all the time for his wheat and conola and other small grains. This was on a rotary but may well work for the l3.

tj

What wire spacing do you have on your chafferIJ (determines opening size) Are you seeing a complete threshIJ Any product lost over the walkersIJ If you'll answer these questions in an email, I may have a couple of ideas -- will be fairly late today, but I'll try to help.

miller

The chaffer mod has already been done to this machine. Have tried running front wide open rest set normally. Heck even tried running the whole thing open, that didn't work either.

R_O_M

Yep! chaffer is what I mean't. We have used the extended height tail board on our R62 to keep canary grass seed and canola in on both an R62 and an N7. Sometimes us Aussies have real trouble translating American talk into proper english!!

Rolf

Just asking! have you tried all but no windIJ Rom and I had heaps of trouble one day in Flax with our 62, could not keep it in! so last attempt was 4th gear hyrdro leaver almost as far forward as you could go and low and behold, barely a thing out the back and a clean sampleIJIJIJ!IJ!IJ we then backed the wind off to a bout 1 or 2 I think Slowed down a bit so it fed in the front better and we were a lot happier! I know it a l3 but it uses the same wind system as the Big boys so it's worth a try! also try keeping the combine as full as you can as well. Rolf

Burbert

Keeping the machine full, is important. It took me a long time to learn this, rather than babying the combine, make it work!!!