Combines I took my reverse bars out today

magnum_man

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about with the screen sucking shut with trash. like you said it happens when things get real dry. I have it that bad you had to stop twice in 1_2 mile long rows to let the trash drop off. Sorry i do not know of fix.

R_O_M

Two ideas to try and beat the trash on screen problem. Neither of them may work as we have not tried them so take them for what they are worth. Both will take some time out to set up and sort out so it depends on how bad the problem is and how frustrated you are. 1 _ Find a centrifugal air fan similar to those used on the air reels. Install it to run off a spare V pulley, such as the two speed front elevator pulley, and use flexible ducting to direct and blow an airstream across under the screen. 2 _ Bit radical on this one! One of my "crazy ideas" some of which sometimes work! You will have to be brave although no permanent changes are made and all can be put back to original very quickly. Also cheap to do. Hope I can make the thinking clear. The light gal sheet that is attached to the heavier gauge upper section of the fan duct directs the fan airflow under the accelerator rolls. This is accessed up through the fan screen drop down doors. This light gal sheet is attached by some pop rivets to the heavier fan duct sheet some 18" or so above the fan. Drill out the pop rivets. Move top gal sheet into the duct and make up some spacers to give maybe a 15 to 20mm slot full length along the duct to bleed air off from fan air flow that goes to the accelerator rolls. Attach another full width light gauge sheet to the bottom edge of the gal upper fan duct sheet to maintain the full length 15 or 20mm wide slot. The edges of the gal upper fan duct sheet and the new gal sheet can be held together by the slot spacer bolts or the new sheet can be pop riveted to the upper duct sheet just above the spacers.. The air flow leaving the slot will be guided and directed by this second added sheet. Bend the added sheet in a smooth curve right around and down in the area above the fan so that it is smoothly directing air flow from the slot around and back down through the bottom screen. No idea if this will work or if it will mess up the fan flow to the accelerator rolls too much. I think that it would actually work with out upsetting the fan flow very much. Try and keep the edges of the sheets where the air is bled from the duct, as straight and parrallel to the lower fan duct sheet as possible. Use plenty of narrow spacers both to hold the sheets but also try to minimise the area of the slot blocked off by the spacers. Good luck.