Combines HElP Harvesting Green leafy Milo

4_Star

Just came back from the field today after taking out the left hand side rear access rotor door. I removed 4 lo-profile narrow spaced bars from rows A(2) and B(2). Then I installed 4 reverse bars on their respective rows. I went ahead and removed the 28" wedge located on rear of sep. grate at the 4o'clock position. Results: The owner of my former machine Kevin then proceeded to the milo field. After resetting the sieves and air, he ran the machine while I checked very carefully for grain loss with a 1'X 1' square in order to determine loss. The results on the ground behind the R-70 were impressive. With 3-5 grain max in center of shoe with rest of 61" wide shoe and remaining 30' platform nothing. The 2 rows of uncut milo that would be on your right side where large spreader can kick milo indicating rotor loss was no significant signs of grain whatsoever. I appreciate the advise of any of you who spoke to Kevin while I was working on machine. My thoughts: I wish this door would be a little easier to take off. I know that the series 2 and 5 series have a much more easily removable door. I still think that there is still room for improvement for this access door, especially with all of the various crops and conditions that farmers and custom harvesters face. I would like to have tried one set of rev. on A row and a forward set on B. Or better yet use NDan's rotor sweeps, thus alleviating any congestion of green leaves and stalks. Oh well gotta go must get my R-70 with St. Johns rotor ready for its first test with enclosed rotor in milo. Ps. Maybe I can post some pics of both of these R-70's on other combine talk show, as they are both professionaly painted Agco silver metallic and gun metal blue on frame and shedded.

K_stater

let us know how your St.Johns does in milo. I am impressed with mine in wheat, corn, soybeans, but have yet to try with milo. Mine has all forward bars.

hunter

Just wondering, row A is next to gear box or discharge. Do you have an ajustable sep.grate what is it set on. What is your concave set at on the front side, do you shut it down tighter than the mid positionIJ We have a 99 R62. Milo is a problem with it wanting to go straight threw. The cover on the sep, grate is 1x1 squares. Is this a gleaner part or something you madeIJ How is it bolted inIJ Do you need to take rotor out to put it inIJ What is your ground speedIJ Thanks for any info!!