Combines R72 A C

Rolf

Check out the fan switch on the console! they have a habit of burning out!! We installed three relays to help a bit with voltage, and also increased the blower ducts holes into the vertical pillars under the cab floor. Will also pay to drop the fan out and make sure its not got stuffed bushes! as ours was a little under the weather and we just used a non stick lubricant to help with fan speed and power. Also check the main power supply and earth in to the console! Rolf

NowGleaner7

Mike, Check that the condensor (rad) is not plugged with dirt (wet dust). If that happens it will eventually shut the air off.

mike

I think the switch is fine. You can tell when you have it on high and when it's off. The fans run real well when you run the fan with the lower filter out. What if you run it without the lower filterIJ It never seems to get any dirt in it.

kernal

Can you determine if blower has 3 speedsIJDoes air flow decrease on higher speedsIJWe have had units come in with blower turbines installed backwards.Changed side for side and would blow you out of cab.

silverbill

Check the evaporator under the cab floor to be sure it is clean. If its dirty and filters don't seem to be collecting much dirt I'd think there would be a leak in the duct work to the evaporator. If you could blow air backwards through the duct you could feel where the air was coming out.

Illinois_Gleaner

I wouldnt suggest that. My door came open the other night where you take that filter out. Needless to say I was taking the whole bottom off to clean everything out. I had a 72 that never seem to get enough air. I always wandered if where it sucks the air in behind the last filter was plugged somewhere.The air in my 75 will freeze you out,and it is the same thing as the 72's were.One 72 had plenty of air and the other one you would sweat on a hot day IG

sidewinder

on my 99 r72 when it was new the lower filter would plug up badley. couldn't figure out how that much chaff could get by the first filter. any way i found a hole in the ducting above the second filter i plugged it with silicone fixed it .i could not see the gap but if you stuck your hand in the duct you could feel the gap.this is the duct that runs vertically behind the cab door. if your thermostat switch goes bad lots of air but not cool though. hope this helps jeff