Combines SCH or Tigerjaw

Jr64

It's been many years since I've run Tiger Jaws. I ran SCH for the first time this year. From my experience, unless you have clean tilled fields, the SCH will work much better. Old corn stalks and roots will get in the way of the TIger Jaws and prevent that section from cutting until it passes through. The SCH will cut right through the old corn stalks where on the TJaws it'll plug the 1.5" gap between gaurds.

posum

I've been running a SCH for years . My opinion the is no better cutter bar on the market.

Silver_Shoes

We had a tiger jaw years ago, thank goodness its gone. For us it was just a headache and the SCH is super compared to it.

oldstruck

last year we went from our 1660 CIH to our R42. We bought a 816 flex head used, that had the tigers on it. In the deal with the dealer we asked for the SCH, since we did not ever have one, but heard about them from this web site, (for all the colors). WE did have tigers on the CIH 1020 15' head years ago and put the Creary Golden cut(spelling)3" on it about 7 years ago. We thought that was a improvement over the tigers. I used the 816 as we bought it with the tigers, for a few days in the start of harvest last year. We got a rainy day and pulled the tigers off. Remembering why we went to Creary's. The SCH was like cutting butter compared to the tigers. We continuously no-till everything. The SCH went right through corn and milo stubble in the bean fields. Even being a bit damp Sunday this week it cut great. I am sure with the tigers I would have been setting in the shop waiting or out bull dozing residue (which I hate, it exposes the soil and that is where I will have weed pressure next year) Now comparing the Creary Golden Cut to The SCHIJ I would go with the SCH. I was impressed of the quality of the parts. And those Creary hold downs can be a pain to get set right, and if you have short beans and you happen to get a row right over the top of one, good luck geting that to feed there until you move over a foot to get the wad to come in the machine. One thing with the SCH, you need to make sure you are lined up true on the pitman bearing bolt, and sickle anvil. The sickle sections run very close tolorances in the guards. I hope this helps.

oldstruck

I also remembered. We cut a lot of plots. That means flags! The SCH doesnt seem to break as easy as the tigerjaw did, BUT the SCH look to be easier to chip.