Combines cylinder mods IJ

NDDan

I've shimmed channel helicals in P3s with 25" cylinder for edible beans. This didn't seem to have any benifit other than cause more grumble when vines flowed over the top of helicals. Answer for flowing edible bean straw was rotor sweeps. These sweeps have same benifits in green or damp conditions. I understand they work well in green milo. I would also recommend high wire thresher concaves and seperator grates. With the wires higher the green material can flow easier thus less rolling which traps seeds. The covers on seperator grate (1"X1.5"holes) work for two reasons as I see it. One the material flows smoothly so green crop won't roll and two the metal to metal surface is closer which also helps keep the material moving. I've been raising wires in low wire grates by welding short pieces of wire onto existing wires rather than install covers. I also suggest removing every other wire from narrow wire grates. High wide wires, helicals that prevent second pass over concave, sweeps on rotor or rotor designed to flow green material (Bison) will all help eliminate your milo losses. Sorry I've never harvested a single milo seed but have talked to plenty that do. Best of luck

hunter

How do you tell if you have a low wire grateIJ Wires are 1_2 to 5_8 from top of bars. Would you cut everyother bar on the grate and slide two together and reweld, then put another wire on topIJ What would putting helicals on grate doIJ Could you email me pics of your sweeps, cost, shipping to southeast NEIJ How easy are they to put in, leave roter in or take out. Are they adjustable, do they wear out or do they have a replacable wear plate on them. Do you need to take them out for corn and wheat. THANKS FOR YOUR HElP AND YOUR INPUT ON THIS SITE xxkriv961@yahoo.com (drop the xx)

NDDan

Wires are only 1_4" below crossbars on high wide wire. You must have low wire. I have never cut everyother crossbar loose and slid together like hyper does. I think this would be fine but I would still like wires raised to near 1_4" from top of crossbar. I have installed normal helicals across grate with no evident advantage. Now custum making some helicals to run straight for and aft across grate may be of some advantage with some rotors but still wires need to be raised high enough to prevent plugging under load. Email me for I might have some sweeps near you where guy removed to install a Bison. They are $450 for a normal or what I call standard set of sweeps. I have installed with rotor in but most often rotor is pulled. They have very hard surface weld on them and I have not had to replace any yet. They are not adjustable but you could have new hard surface applied when worn. We do not take them out for any crops. Catch you later.