Combines CDF rotor loss in corn

Harvester

Do you have every other wire pulled from your separator grateIJ That will improve losses. Also, since the CDF is smaller in diameter, did you reset your concave clearance gauge when you installed it to read correctlyIJ Just to make sure, I'd take an average shelled cob and set the rear of the concave to its diameter or slightly smaller by actually measuring it at the rear of the concave and forget about the gauge in this situation; you'll get more separation with a tighter concave. Speaking of concave, do you have the high wire concave and grate or the old 1" narrow spacingIJ I'd pull every other wire from the concave to aid separation there as well, especially now that you can keep the cobs more whole with the CDF. I'd look at those things, pull the wires if you need to, and try a little faster travel speed to fill 'er up a bit more.

Brian

I noticed a little loss yesterday too so I tightened concave clearance to 8 and slowed rotor to 350. Had to look very hard to find any corn in unharvested rows.