Combines l2 chopper

pilotfarmer

That is a good question. I have a M 2 gleaner and I have alway taken the curtain out when I switch to soybeans. But it would sure be nice to keep it in. Sorry I am not much help but maybe some one will have some info.

sidekick

The book on my F2 says "remove it".The book also says to remove rear cob shield above chopper.I have left it in with no problems till this year when I got in a bunch of big green weeds which hung up on the shield and plugged the flow which caused serious "bailing".Mashed risers,bent walker mount plates and of course bent cranks.That curtain could hamper the flow too.How lucky do you feelIJ

benm

I think the purpose of the curtain---the one at the rear of the combine just in front of the rear panel---is to protect that panel from flying debris and direct it into the chopper. For small grains, this is not necessary and I take mine out, but leave it in for soys and corn. My old F2 did not have this curtain, only one near the end of the raddle chain, always left it in.The metal curtain above the separator raddle must be up for corn, but lowered for soys and fully lowered for small grains----except for this year's crop of soys that were so difficult to harvest--short, green stems, weeds-- that it was basically trial and error to get them through the combine. Ben.