Combines R75 with CDF rotor in soybeans

NDDan

I know they say faster and wider with CDF but I believe you are at very extreme. I see in earlier post you say wider was better for you in soybeans. I can't imagine that wide of gap in soybeans providing your display is fairly accurate to actual clearance. I'm winging this a bit for I have not played with CDF in soybeans but: I would close concave to .3" +-.1". Slow up cylinder to point you stop cracking beans. We have found with any crops the closer the concave clearance the better crop flows. Questions are how dry are beans, how many reverse bars and where are they located, and how green is the straw. I think with a couple of these questions answered one of us can steer to better sample. Good luck

kip

You may be right about slower and tighter. My sample got a lot a MOG in it today in tall, rank soybeans. I'll try going to .3 or less on the clearance. If that doesn't help, I'll start slowing down the cylinder. It does seem like I'm grinding the straw into pieces which is causing the dirty sample. Cylinder has factory set reverse bars, beans are 10% with tall (three foot) stems. 700 rpm seems extreme when my old JD 9600 ran 400 to 500 rpm in soybeans. Granted, the rotor is totally different than a walker machine. But why does the book recommend this setting.

Brian

Seems to me that if your concave is that wide and your rpms are that high and you have lack of power then somethingis wrong with your engine. No way you should even be close to having power problems in my opinion.

big_orange

Tighten the concave up and then slow speed.That wide a setting doesn't let the bars "grasp" the straw, and it sits alittle.

Marshaltown_Farms

That is a good question I used the book recomendations at first but then was told to get it tighter. If it not feeding very well I have even brought the concave op to where it ticks on cylinder and then back off some and it will even up your power load. 600 is about the fastest we run rotor if beans are that dry.Thanks to Dan I now run the bison and that is the best option I have used.

kip

Changed to .3 clearance and slowed cylinder down to 500 rpm. Sample is clean and no cracked seed. I installed a new cylinder drive belt which helped my power problem some. I'll try a new fuel filter tomarrow. Beans are rank and green, three feet tall. The 36' draper head uses all the horsepower the M11 has to run 2.5 mph.