Combines Changing R65 from beans to corn

Silver_Bullet

I've never owned more than one chaffer for my R62. I harvest corn, milo, wheat. Used to do some beans. I think the only reason to have a corn sieve is for high yielding corn...200+ to give a little more capacity but I harvest in that range and cleaning capacity and power are balanced out anyway. Maybe high moisture cornIJ Most of the time I think you will get by without changing sieves.

Brian

Once we got a CDF we now leave in the bean chaffer (short round tooth). Agree sure is nice to not have to change.

IowaDan

When I got my R42 it only had the short round-end chaffer and I was a little reluctant to run corn with it but dealer said that was all I needed. Well, it seemed to do a very good job but I still thought I would like to try a long-toothed corn chaffer. After spending $550 on the new chaffer, I used it one day and switched back to the old chaffer. In my opinion, the short round-tooth does a much better job of cleaning out the cob. I did do the chaffer mod on mine.

Hibred

We have always changed to the corn chaffer and after yesterday i doubt we will ever change again, capacity is no problem, did a nice clean sample so i was really happy not having to change it. Now to change over we are only looking at about 10 minutes or so, compared to some other makes ours is so simple to change from crop to crop.

big_orange

I farm ground from table top level to very rolling, in the very rolling ground you can't get the small chaffer open enough to keep the corn in.I run the square back long tooth for both corn and beans.

Illinois_Gleaner

I am with you on this one big orange. I cannot get enough capacity with the small round tooth chaffer in corn.I put the long square tooth in for corn and ended up cutting all of my beans with it also. I do think the small round tooth makes a cleaner sample in beans though. I never could figure out,if you read in the owners manual it says that the long square tooth will cut capacity compared to the short round tooth. I have ran since the old R60 and have never seen it. IG