Combines Unloading auger won t shut off

posum

Two things. First be sure that the cylinder that tightens the belt is moving. I had a similar problem once and I had to add a bolt on a bracket to support the belt . Although the cylinder was releasing the tension the auger continued to turn due to the belt laying on the pulley. Second if the cylinder is not retracting until you start to pull in the auger then it sounds as though you are not getting current to the solenoid through your auger switch the safety switch on the swing of the auger is making the auger stop . If you tested with a test light and had current then check with a meter to be sure that you have at least 12 volts at the solenoid. also you may want to check your ground on this application. A loose ground can do funny things

silverbean

Where is the auger saftey switch locatedIJIJIJ I have good power to solenoid, but will not retract cylinder till I press both buttons....

posum

the safety switch is located on the pivot of the auger it is set up to turn of the auger whenever you start to bring the auger in. Again if it is turning of whenever you bring it in then the safety switch is working. Email me your phone and we will talk. the address is acasey6713@embarqmail.com

NDDan

You need to see if n1 coil gets currant when tring to shut off. It evedentally does when safty swing circuit does it for you. I'd check black with white stripe wire on back of switch. It is the wire that is common to all switches that need hydralic system to come up to pressure to do its function. My bet is n1 coil is not firing up and you will find switch is not giving currant to black with white stripe wire while holding switch to shut it off. Good luck