Combines head variable drv F2 4 30 black

posum

Make sure your stripper plates are not to close together. this will aid in feeding. If the corn is really good 4mph may be all the clean grain elevator can do.

tbran

one can lock up the header clutch with 2 5_16" bolts 3.5" long. - Remove two bolts that hold the magnent diagonally and the 5_16 X 3_4 bolts that hold the armature to the pulley inline with these and and insert the 5_16th X 3.5 ( I think that is the lenght long time since done one) and bolt the header clutch up solid. The header clutch will not work now. You can also use 4 bolts and leave the magnet off. As to your header clutch, probably the bearing is wobbling on the spool 71189964 and breaking contact assuming the brush holder is good and not letting the voltage drop.

SD_455

I think you are pushing the F2 a little too fast. 150bpa corn at 2.5mph is about all the F2 can handle. It will shell it ok but everything behind the cylinder won't handle the load. The only time I can remember going 3mph or faster was in 1988 when I had a 65bpa average corn crop. I never had a black corn head on my 1979 F2 but the 1976 orange FG430 head with good flutes would keep the combine full.

sidekick

I beg to differ.The last field was 14.2% and made 183bu_A.At 4mph I had nothing in return but corn meal from shelling it off the cob.Nothing on the ground besides what shelled at the rolls.In the field that made 195(dry bushels)testing 15.2%,3 1_2mph was about the limit before corn started washing back in the return.I only have the small grain chaffer(not even the better corn_soy special) but have done the chaffer mod up front.When you run whole cobs and keep the trash fed out at the head,there isn't much seperating to do...mostly collecting.It will also cut 50bu beans @ 3 1_2mph with a 15ft head(6-30's).leave the pods on the stem(as much as you can)and have as little trash to seperate as possible.The return is the speed monitor on Gleaner conventionals.Drive as fast as you can till grain starts returning.