Combines R72 Intermittent Rough Runnin Cummins

NDDan

Is this a new problem for engineIJ Most all the l10's and M11's I've been around have a rough idle when a bit cool but smoothen right out with a little heat. Good luck

MostlyGreen

Yes, this is a new problem with this engine, though my dealer was surprised as well. I also spoke to a certified Cummins engine tech and he, too, told me to just ignore the issue unless it worsened; - I guess I will. Thanks for your reply.

NDDan

I assume you evedintly overloaded engine to kill it. (not a piston scoring). You know your engine best. Keep eye on oil pressure, oil level going up or down more than usual. Any more blowby than normalIJ Maybe best to have engine tuned up when you get the chance especially if something has changed and it's been awhile. Good luck

MostlyGreen

I killed the engine when I engaged the Draper Header during low-idle while "inching" the combine forward through a shallow furrow to open a field, so it never stalled during high-idle. It was immediately after this when this problem began. Oil pressure is within the "high-normal" range when the engine's cold, but tapers-off to "mid-normal" range when it's warmed-up. Oil seems fine. I think I'll take your advise and have it checked-out after harvest. Again, thanks for your reply!