Combines Off topic Sunflower drillIJ

oldstruck

Hi Possum, If I may suggest that you get in touch with Paul Jasa, pjasa1@unl.edu He has quite a bit of knowledge on no-till drills and planters. He will tell you the + and - of each brand, unbiased. We use a Crustbuster All-Plant. Very happy with it.

tbran

the Sunflower drill is as good as one can get for your use. Each opener is about a .75% sized planter unit. Parralell linkage like a regular planter, the press wheel swivels so it will plant around gentle turns w_o damage to frames, the soil control strips will allow about the fastest seeding one can obtain. It has no no til coulters yet will no til with the best. The pressure is set as is a Kinze or White with HD down pressure springs. The depth is EZ to set as well on each unit. The late models have the trash board which will allow drilling wheat directly into standing corn stalks w_o discing or bush hogging and not choke up. We like the heck out of them. SunFlower builds really hd implements.

posum

Thanks for the info--I am leaning toward Sunflower. Is a 7495 mfwd enough tractorIJ I think the drill is about 20000 lbs loaded.