Combines Changing the feeder drive pulley when going from beans to corn

tbran

I have ran chains on fast speed for years. No problems except in white corn or popcorn where speed of chain will damaged some grain. IF one runs the vs header drive in fastest position I would change over to slow speed. I rarely run vs over 1_2 vs increase in corn.

NDDan

I'm worried about the triangle over feeder. Did you use Gleaner kit or build your ownIJ I would take a look up the feeder the direction of crop flow. Be sure the triangle filler is not to large and blocking flow coming up feeder. This will cause chain to jump and wrap up the shaft. There are rear feed sprocket stripers designed to prevent corn cobs from getting between sprocket and chain causing jumping chain. But with the wraping your talking about I lean toward the size of triangle. I believe tbran mentioned one time that running on fast helped eliminate the need for corn strippers. I prefer them out for all other crops so hopefully you can get by without them in corn. If you looked at what slow feeder speed is these days it is likely not to far from what your fast speed is right now. If you look at the distance between square tube in front feeder and the sprockets there to find something near two inches and no problem wraping there I would again lean toward size of triangle. Many guys had to fill in area in front feed between sprockets and square tube to reduce gap to near 1_2" to prevent wraping shaft in conditions that cause wrapping. Previous and later machines only had the 1_2" clearance and had very little problem. We found some 2"x4" tubing to fill in area. We cut length so we could squeeze in there without tearing to much apart and then only weled tube on top. Good luck