Combines thanks Rolf

sidekick

Not an expert here,but wouldn't you have to scoot right along with those size heads on a hyerized 62IJ Might want to check out www.combineforums.proboards.com and go to the Gleaner page.Rolf post over there too.Got some great pictures linked in the one.

Rolf

Arr Shucks Guys! :) But Im not the only nutter in these ideas! ROM (Rolf's Old Man) Is the engineer in the family :) Im just the Human Jig for holding all the bits for Max to Weld together! :) Also most of the ideas are just pinched from NDDan and others of here and the proboards site. Current project is two header cutter bars above one another, with top one slightly forward of the bottom one, to be used to to cut_mulch our wheat stubble's down. Very low HP required, and can scoot over the country quickly! Will it WorkIJIJIJIJIJIJ Will let you know come Mid May! I found the Feeder mod this year to be very beneficial for both lentils low on the ground and Wheat. Rom was crowing a fair bit over UHF how he wished the N7 had this mod! It use to always puked crop out the feeder if you got to fast. Current 62 use to do a bit the same in the beginning and with the evolution of mods to both front and now feeder, Its really like two rivers of crop flowing in to the feeder house now. Speed per HP is how I measure the gains weave had, as the current crop of new combines just seem to poke big HP engines in the back and claim they faster! ;) They also drink lots as well! I can get 15 hours out of the 550 ltrs tank! R75 with Sisu get just 9 hours, with same size tank! Yes, They are pushing a 45ft draper and use chaser bin. We dont. Rolf

sidekick

That fuel consumption(R75) sounds scary at first.One needs to figure fuel per acre to get true comparison.Probably not that far apart.

R_O_M

Rather than fuel per acre, something more like fuel per tonne of grain harvested would probably be a far better comparison. Even this comparison has real problems as the type of grain being harvested and it's yield _ ha [ acre ], it's moisture content and etc has a very large bearing on the throughput of the machine. Probably the total tonnage of All material processed per actual processor running time measured against fuel consumption would be the only real measure of the engine _ combines fuel consumption harvesting efficiency. And that is nearly impossible to calculate. So as Rolf has always claimed, tonnes of grain harvested per litre of fuel consumption is about as close as we can and will get to measuring both the fuel efficiency and the actual harvesting and processor efficiency of the various makes and models of combines.

bob

thanks Sidekick, yes I have been following Rolfs comments on Combine forums also - as yet I have not registered on that site. As for header sizes most larger combines (i.e lexion, 88 series Case and NH CR9080 and in my area in New Zealand operate up to 10m (34feet). I guess our conditions are more closely that of the UK and Europe which is why a number of combines are sourced from the factories in Belgium or Germany and have much higher HP than a R62. A R62 may look a little too large with a 25ft head in the US or Australia but we have a fair amount of material to put through it and a huge variety of seed crops excluding corn which we harvest. cheers Hamish