Combines bison longer pegs

NDDan

More threads to be sure you don't run out of threads when backing out some to allow for wear. I like pegs approx 1_4" from helicals. Don't know about just pegs. Might be OK in corn but other crops could go in and stall. You need angle of peg to work with helicals to keep material moving. Did you get Sisu performing like you wishIJ I guess you can raise the RPM approx 100 with laptop.

Rolf

Mashall Iv just install the longer hockey sticks in our Bison, and installed them as to Stanley's specs of 190 mms from center drum. (13mms (1_2 inch) from helicals) like Dan said, make sure you have some threads in big nuts on center drum, other wise they might pop out and make a mess of cage! With new hockey sticks they were a very slightly less in diameter than the originals, therefore I had to put a good tack weld on each stick to stop them turning. Im still in Heat treated lentils, and now flat on the ground wet lentils! :rolleyes: So not a real good idea how much better than old ones yet! Got 460 Hectares of Wheat to get to, so give us a week or so to finish the lentils and switch to wheat and will let everyone know how we go with them. Rolf PS: ROM managed to Bog the 62 yesterday!! leaky pipe fitting was the problem near fence! ROM got it stuck real good! Had to use Cat 65 A and 11 ton snatch strap to pull it! :)

Marshaltown_Farms

Not really Dan. At times I am not sure where the problem is. Sometimes the trash coming out of the rotor is all tore up like it is being held up in the cage and also rumbles some but at other times it does not and still pulls it down. One would think after running it this long I would know how to make it work. From the engine side of things I still do not know why they do not give engine boost or to me more HP till the engine pulls down to 2100 RPM. Why not at full rated RPM One has already lost valuble engine speed and shoe speed. I would like to know who one can talk too and get the right software to make that happen. A combine is not like a tractor it does not handle less RPM without more downside effect. If they can make it kick in at 2100 why not 2300. Just my thoughts

NDDan

Give me a call or I'll call you. We have installed latest software in all SISU powered machines but never monkeyed with RPM. I think I could figure it out where to do it but better to put you or your dealer in touch with guy that has if he can't find it. I don't like the fact you are catching tore up stuff coming from rotor. It may well be happening all the time but your catching it when worse. I'd like for you to go feel cage for warm area after running a fair amount of time. I'd like for you to install full steep thresher helicals. Then if the conventional tricks don't get loss down to what you like then take a hard look at the longer seperator grate slots. I have built one of them and got pictures. I believe I sent you pictures of how my customer did his and will send you pictures of mine as soon as I download them.